Monday, December 5, 2011

Chapter 7

Craig arrived home and Argus was waiting for him.
Things are getting out of hand Craig. You said you had things under control.”
I had no idea she was related to The Three. It was a complete shock to me.”
Yes. It would be. The Three are very secretive. Especially about their powers.”
Well sooner or later they are going to figure out we have Dai” Craig said.
Yes I know. What exactly did they say to you?”
Not much actually. Just that it would take them a few days to prepare.”
Prepare?”
That's what they said.”
Well then that gives us some time.

Hmm...I wonder?” thought Craig.
What?”
Well I don't know much about The Three, but...” Craig stopped to gather his thoughts. “What if there were only 2?”
Well now! That's an idea. Good thinking Craig. Now which one? We need to find out who is the more powerful of the 3 of them.”
Yes. I wonder which one...”
Argus held up his hand “Wait! I do believe we have a spy among us.”
What? Where?”
Quiet!” yelled Argus. “I know you're here. Show yourself. Don't be such a coward!” Argus looked around waiting, but nobody appeared.

They must have left already. I wonder which one it was.”
I don't think we'll ever know Argus.”
Yes we will” Argus said as he disappeared.


Nishi! Get back here now!” yelled Nao.
Nishi sat there staring at her sisters. “That was close. Argus has more power than what we thought” she said.
Well at least we know he has Dai and Craig is in on it” said Nami, “but we still don't know where he has her.”
I know what we have to do” said Nishi.
No! Absolutely not! It's too dangerous.”
We have no choice Nami.”
How are we going to get you out? We need 3.”
You'll have to call mom.”
No. there has to be another way.”
Well what then? Argus and Craig know we are here. They will be watching their steps. We need to know where they have her or we can't get her out of there.”

Is there any way we can connect with her?”
Not without knowing where she is.”
Then let's make them think we were unsuccessful then. Make them believe we need to go home and do more research. Maybe they will let their guard down then” said Nao.
No” Nishi said. “My way is the only way we can do this. I will know where you are so I will still be able to connect with you if there is a problem.”
I don't know. I really don't want to get mom involved and we will still need 3 to get you and Dai out.”
Then maybe Kei can help.”
We don't even know what abilities she has if any Nishi.”
Then it's time we found out isn't it?”
Fine, but Kei and Scot can't know any details. They need to believe that it was all unplanned” said Nami.
Agreed” said Nishi and Nao.


Dai couldn't believe what she had just seen. She was shocked and horrified and motionless.
Well, well! See what happens when you put your nose where it doesn't belong?”
Startled Dai jumped. “You really need to wear a bell! What the hell is going on here?”
You will see in due time. Until then make yourself at home. You're going to be here for a while.”
Don't count on it!”

Her captor turned to leave. On his way out he started laughing and turned and looked at Dai. “By the way Dai you have a visitor.”
I do? And who would that be?”

Hello Dai” said a voice behind her.
Dai turned to see who was behind her. The anger spread across her face.
What do you want? I knew your death was too good to be true!”

Well yes. Thanks to Craig I'm alive and well. Okay not alive exactly, but you know what I meant.”
Craig? No! You're lying!”
Argus chuckled “Oh I wish I was. Do you think you met him by chance? I've been watching you for quite some time Dai.”
How does Craig fit into all of this?”
Now Dai don't concern yourself with those matters. Soon we will be married and none of it will matter.”
What makes you think I would ever marry you?”
Because you are going to have my child.”
Like hell I am!”

Argus laughed. “You won't have a choice my dear.”
I will never sleep with you! The thought of that makes me sick!”
Argus laughed at Dai's anger. “You are so cute when you're mad. You will change your mind.”
Dai scowled at Argus. “Over my dead body! You make me sick!”
Argus smiled “It's been lovely chatting with you Dai. Just like old times. Now if you'll excuse me I have some business to attend to.”
Go to hell!” yelled Dai.
I vacation there quite often thank you” Argus smiled and then was gone.


Craig got home and Argus was waiting.
What did you find out?”
They are still here. They are at Kei and Scot's house.”
We need to get one of them here.”
Well I could call and tell them I have thought of something that could be of help. They will come right over. We can nab one of them then.”

Yes, but which one?”
Does it really matter? Granted there isn't much on them other than legend, but it has repeated they always have 3. I don't think it matters which one we nab.”
Okay. Sounds good. Get working on that. I need to find out how to do a spell for an immaculate pregnancy.”
What? I've got a better idea, but it has to be done before we get one of The Three.”
That would be good except I told Dai that you helped me. She would never let you touch her.”
What? Why did you do that? Argus that was stupid!”
What yourself Craig! Don't think I will not retaliate against you.”

Sorry Argus. It won't happen again.”
See that it doesn't.” Argus started pacing. “Wait! She didn't really believe me. Maybe you can maker her think I was trying to turn her against you.”
I am good at smooth talking” laughed Craig.
Good! Let's do this then” said Argus with an evil smile.


Kei and Scot were waiting rather impatiently for Nao, Nami and Nishi to come down.
What's taking so long?”
Calm down Kei. They know what they are doing.”
The Three came down the stairs and Kei and Scot stood up.
Well? What happened?” asked Scot.
Well we found out a few things, but not where Dai is.”
Now what?” asked Scot.
Nishi looked at Kei and Scot. “Scot we need to talk to Kei alone. Will you give us a minute please?”
What's going on?”
We aren't sure yet Scot, but when we are done with Kei we'll let you know what we found out.”
Ok. I'll be in my room if you need me.”
Ok Scot” Nishi smiled as her brother walked away.
Kei, please have a seat. We have some questions for you.”


Dai woke up with a jolt.

What was that thudding noise?”
She got out of bed and looked towards the center of the room.
Well I don't believe this! What the hell are you doing here?”

2 comments:

  1. Good update! :) Now who is in the room with Dai? Is it Craig? Hurry up already... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update.. the mystery is getting deeper, and deeper. I feel like the story is coming full circle with Craig's betrayal. The 3 seem powerful, and its interesting that Kei possibly has powers. Now... who the hell is in the room with Dai?!

    ReplyDelete