Monday, October 3, 2011

Chapter 4

He hated spying on her, but he felt it was his duty to do so. Of course his parents didn't believe his excuse, but they let it go amazingly enough. Maybe because he was there to watch her now. They told Kei she needed to come home, but she refuse. She knew how protective Scot was. She needed to be there to calm him down and she knew he would eventually need it. Oh well he was stuck with her being there. When Dai's lights turned off Scot decided to go home. He had some research to do.

"Hey you!" Scot looked around for the voice he was hearing. Then he saw where it was coming from.
"Can I help you?"
"What do you think you're doing buddy? Think you can just spy on someone?"
"Look you got it wrong. I don't know who you think you are, but you need to back off!"


The noise was apparently louder than both men realized because suddenly Dai was standing there glaring at them as only she could glare.

"What the hell is going on here? Scot why are you here? And you too Craig!" Dai added that last part when she saw Craig smirk at Scot.
"Well? Craig?"
"Why does he get to go first?" Asked Scot.
"Because I don't know him well enough to beat the answer out of him and if he sees me beat it out of you then he may run before I get his answer."

Craig stood there looking at Dai. "I think I'm nervous to tell you even now!"
"Tell me before I lose my temper!"
"I caught this perv spying on you!"

Dai and Scot looked at each other and started laughing.
"What's so funny?"
"This perv is my brother."
"Oh."
"Scot why are you here?"
Scot sighed. "Keeping an eye on you. Trying to protect you." Scot glared at Craig.
"I don't need protecting Scot."

She turned to look at Craig. "That goes for you too! And where did you come from? Where's your house?"
"Well I was just driving by and saw him so I stopped."
"I don't see a car" Dai said.
"Yeah,  Craig is it? Who's the perv now?"
"Okay! Enough! Both of you!" Scot and Craig both stopped. "Scot go home! Craig go home wherever that is."
Both men sighed and parted ways while Dai walked back inside to get some sleep. She did know one thing was for sure. Craig had some explaining to do and it had better be good!


When Scot came home and slammed the front door, Kei knew it was bad news. She walked out of her room to find Scot. He was standing in the living room cursing to himself.
"Scot what's wrong with you?"
"Well this strange guy came up to me and called me a perv because he thought I was a peeping tom."
"Maybe a concerned neighbor?"
"She has no neighbors Kei. And he lied about how he got there. We were arguing and Dai heard us."
"Was she mad?"
"Well she wasn't happy. I need to find out who this Craig guy is."
"Who?"
"The guy who yelled at me."
"Oh."
"He's up to something. I can tell."
"How do you know that?"
"I can just tell. Why was he there? Where did he come from? I'll talk to Dai about it tomorrow."
"Well just be careful Scot. He may be dangerous!"



As Scot and Kei were talking the doorbell rang.
"It's awfully late for visitors" Kei said as she went to the door.
"Well...Hello there" Kei said.
"Hello. I'm Craig."
"Scot it's for you...unfortunately."

Scot walked to the door and saw Craig standing there.
"Do me a favor Scot and find out if he has a brother."
"Go to bed Kei."
Kei walked away and went to her room.
"What are you doing here?"
"The same thing you are. Protecting Dai. She's about to get involved in something that could get her killed and we need to stop her."
"Please come in."

Craig walked in and Scot closed the door.
"You want some coffee?"
"Sure thanks. Look I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't know Dai had siblings."
"She as a lot of siblings actually. I'm just one of many as well as Kei."
"How many siblings does she have?"
"17 siblings. We are a very protective family. Dai's the baby. Well 1/2 anyway. She has a twin...Anzu. When you come from parents like we have...well most of us don't like strangers very much."
"What do you mean "parents like you have"?"
"Have you talked to Dai? How much do you know about our family?"
Well we talked, but not about her. We talked about the danger she's getting herself into."

"What danger? You mean with the house up the road from her? The one she sneaked into?"
"She did what?!"
"What's going on? You need to tell me now."
Craig let out a sigh. "The Hunter house is something Dai needs to stay away from. You need to get her to move out of that house she's in. Now that she's been inside the Hunter Cabin she's in even more danger."
"How would anyone know? It was empty."
"I can guarantee you it was not. Did she see the writings on the wall?"
"Yes. She showed us a picture. What are they?"
"What do you know about that house Scot?"
"Nothing really. She told us the family that lived there, this Hunter family, was brutally murdered and that the their son was never found. Some say that the son is the one that did it."

"Let me fully introduce myself . I'm Craig Hunter. The son of that family."
"Well I'll be damned!" Scot said.

All of a sudden Craig's back stiffened.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing I guess."  But Craig was lying. Somewhere in the distance he heard a scream, but he couldn't explain that to Scot or anyone else. He knew who the scream belonged to  and he knew it was time for him to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment