Monday, October 3, 2011

Chapter 5

It was hard for him to explain to people about his special gifts especially when he didn't understand it himself. He didn't even remember how, why or when it started. Well that wasn't exactly true. He knew when. It had helped him escape with his life. It didn't however help save his parents. That's the guilt he has to bear. That's why he decided to do everything in his power to save Dai. She was walking straight into danger and he had to protect her. He knew the killer was here and he was looking for him, but would take Dai too. He knew everyone thought it was him, the son, but his family had many secrets. This would have to be another one. For now anyway.


Dai woke up the next morning and was still angry. "The nerve of those two!" thought Dai. Well Scot she could kind of understand. He was her brother after all. He had a reason to feel protective, but Craig! The nerve! Who did he think he was anyway? He had no right to spy on her. She walked to the computer and sat down.
"Now how am I going to go about finding out who you are? I only have a first name. That won't get me anywhere."

As she sat there thinking she heard a knock at her door. She looked out and saw Scot standing there. She opened the door and scowled at him.
"I hope you are here with an explanation for last night."
"I'll do you one better than that sis! I have info on your new friend Craig."
"What info? What are you talking about?"
"Craig's last name is Hunter! Does that name ring a bell?"
"He's the son?"
"Yep. He's the son!"
"How do you know all of this?"
"He told me last night when he showed up on my doorstep."
"He came to your house? Why?"
"To apologize and tell me about our shared interest."
"And what would that be?"
"You and your hard head!"
"I don't have a hard head!"
"Yes you do! Not only do you look like our mother, but you have inherited her reckless sense of adventure."
"And she's still alive and unharmed! Well sort of anyway."
"Just be careful sis. Maybe you should take Craig's advice and drop it."
"No! I will not drop it! This is my next new book and Craig is going to be the star of it!"
"But at the cost of your own life?"
"My life will be fine. Do you think Craig did this?"
"No I don't but..."
"So this will clear his name!" Dai interrupted. "I'm sure he would want that."
"I don't think he cares about what people think about him."
"Well regardless I'm not stopping my research and snooping."
"And what happens when you get hurt Dai?"


Dai let out a deep sigh. She was tired of everyone trying to run her life for her. She turned to Scot with a look of determination.
"I am a grown woman Scot! I can take care of myself. So if you aren't going to support me then you can just leave!"
"Fine Dai! I will support you on one condition."
"What?"
"Leave this house. Move somewhere else."
"No. I'm not leaving my house. You can forget it!"
"Fine I'll move in with you."
"No you won't! Scot just go home now! Come back when you can treat me like an adult!"
As Scot turned to leave he said "When you talk to Craig don't tell him I told you anything."
"I won't  Scot. I will let him tell me himself."

As Scot opened the door to leave there stood Craig.
"Craig! Nice to see you again."
"Likewise Scot. Is your sister home?"
"Right in there being stubborn and hardheaded as usual."

Craig laughed and walked inside. He saw Dai standing there foot tapping, hand on her hip. "God she's beautiful" he thought. He knew he had to protect her.
"Well? Do you have something to say to me? Like "I'm sorry I was an *** Dai."?"
"I'm sorry I was an *** Dai."
"Fine. Forgiven."

"You know you're way too beautiful to be scowling all the time."
"Flirting will get you nowhere with me!"

"Hmm...It seemed to be working for a second there. You know of course you are in this mess way too deep now right? You're life is going to be in danger."
Dai let out a sigh. "Regardless. You have some explaining to do."
"You're right. I do. Sit down and I'll tell you everything."


No comments:

Post a Comment