Monday, October 3, 2011

Chapter 1

They all stood in the living room while Craig and Debbie located Argus and Dai.

Once they found them Craig stood up.
"Okay. I will go and get her now."
"Craig you can't go by yourself!" Debbie said.
"Yes I can. I'll be fine. I'll let you know when she's safe."

Craig left and headed to where Argus had Dai.

Argus stood there looking at the room he had Dai in and smiled to himself. She was very naive and stubborn. That would change soon though.
"Are you going to behave now Dai?"
"Go to Hades!"

"Now, now! Is that any way to talk to your fiance?"
"I wouldn't marry you if you were the last man on earth! You are insignificant!"
"Maybe. But here you are! With me. Mr. Insignificant."
"And how did you get me here? You had to trick me!"
"Okay so I tricked you a little. What does it matter? You will be my wife soon."
"No I won't. I don't love you! I love Craig."
"Yes I know. It was very ingenious of me to disguise myself as Craig to get you to meet me. I knew you'd come running to save him."

Argus walked over to Dai and touched her cheek. "We will be very happy together. I promise you."
"Get your hand off of me!" Dai Growled.
Argus took a step back. "Such fire! I will have fun taming you my dear."

Dai glared at Argus. As Argus turned to walk away Dai spat at him. Argus laughed. "You can eat when you learn to behave. Until then...bed, toliet."
"No shower?"
Argus pointed to a table.
"Shower in a can?"
"Have fun" Argus said as he shut the door and locked it behind him.

Craig knew he needed to get to Dai fast. He wished he could tell her he was on the way, but he knew Argus would be listening. He continued up the winding road and saw the house up ahead. He parked the car and sighed.

"Well Craig" he said to himself "It's now or never. Rescue your woman!" He approached the house and rang the bell. Argus answered the door and invited him in.
"Craig! How nice to see you! Did you come to wish the happy couple well?"
"No. I've come to kill you actually."
"Wow! You know what? I'm really scared!" Argus said sarcastically.
"You should be."
"Okay. Say we fight to the death. Then what? I will kill you and then I have to deal with her family."
"You don't need to worry about that. You will be the one dying tonight my friend."
"Okay. Just let me tell Dai you are here and to start planning your funeral."
"I'm coming with you. I want to see her and have a moment alone if you don't mind."
"Nope. Fine with me. I get an eternity with her."


They both walked to the room where Dai was being held. Craig looked around the room and saw Dai shivering. He looked around some more and saw a fireplace against the far wall. Dai saw Craig walk in and ran over to him.
"Craig!" She gave him a big hug.

Argus looked over and said "You have 5 minutes. And don't bother trying to magic your way out. I have it fixed where you can't." Argus walked out and shut the door.
Dai gave Craig a kiss and started to say something, but Craig sushed her. He pulled out a scrap of paper and handed it to Dai. Dai read the paper and looked at Craig with fear in her eyes. Craig touched her cheek and mouthed 5 words to her. "I love you. Trust me."
Dai nodded and hugged Craig. Craig walked over to the fireplace and dropped something between the wood. He heard the knob rattling and quickly walked away.
"Time's up! Come take your death like a man now!"
"Okay, but before you kill me I have one last request."
"Hmm...Okay. And that is?"
"Dai is cold. Can you light a fire for her please?"
"Okay...sure. I can do that for my future wife."

Argus walked over and lit the fireplace. Suddenly there was a small explosion of flames. Argus was standing too close and before he knew what was happening he was on fire. Craig and Dai stood back in the corner watching as Argus screamed in agony as the flames engulfed him.

 It wasn't long before Argus was gone and Dai was a free woman. She looked at Craig.
"Let's go outside Dai."
Dai followed Craig outside and turned to him and asked "How did you do that?"

"Jeeves taught me that trick a long time ago. Never thought I would have to use it though." He looked at Dai and kissed her gently. "So you ready to go home?"
"No. I'm tired of Twinbrook. I think I want to stay here in Barnacle Bay."  Dai turned and looked at Craig. "Will you stay with me?"
"There's  nowhere else I would rather be Dai. Besides someone has to stay here to keep you out of trouble."
"Craig! How dare you think..."
"Do I need to shut you up again?" Craig interrupted.
"Yes I think so"

Craig kissed Dai knowing they would have many more adventures waiting for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment