Monday, October 3, 2011

Chapter 8

He was surrounded now. Oh he could get out of it if he wanted to, but he wanted to have some fun.
"So this is how it's going to be? Okay we can play this game. I will kill her parents and her boyfriend. Then I can go back and kill Scot and Kei. I will still get what I want and get to have some fun in the process."
"You aren't going to touch Dai!" Rei said.
Argus laughed. "I will get her. You and your little band of thugs can't stop me. I do however find it very funny...no wait! Not Funny...endearing...yes that's the word."
"You talk too much Argus!" Debbie said and pounced on Argus before Rei or Craig could stop her.
"Debbie wait!" yelled Rei.


Back at Scot and Kei's house....

"I can't just sit here and do nothing" said Dai.
"You need to stay put!" Scot said.
Dai looked at Scot. She started to yell at him, but stopped herself. "You're right Scot."
"Huh? Did you just say I was right?"
"Yes I did. Why are you so shocked?"
"I didn't know you could say that!"
"Ha ha! Very funny! I think I'm going to go take a nap."

"Okay sis. We'll let you know if we hear anything."
"Sure okay." Dai said as she walked away towards the bedroom.
"Now how to sneak out of here" Dai thought to herself. She tried the windows but they wouldn't budge. She walked to the bedroom door and  peeked out. Scot and Kei weren't in the living room. She opened the door and stepped out looking around. She made her way to the front door and stepped outside.
"Now where to go?"
She suddenly heard a voice tell her where she needed to be.


Debbie stepped back and looked at Argus.
"You people are crazy if you think you can stop me!"
"I don't think we can. I know we can!" said Debbie.
Argus looked down at his watch. "Oh my! Look at the time! Gotta Fly!"

He was gone. "Debbie? Can you see where he went?" asked Craig.
"No Craig. Can you?"
"No. Let's check Scot's."
When they got back to Scot and Kei's house they found Scot and Kei sitting in the living room.
"Where's Dai?" asked Rei.
"She's laying down daddy." said Kei.
Craig suddenly sighed heavily. "You two have been duped. She's gone."
Scot stood up. "No way! The windows don't open and we've been here the whole time."
"Um Scot? We did step outside for a minute remember?"
"No! She couldn't have left." Scot walked to the bedroom to look in. Rei was already there.

Rei exploded at Scot. "You had one job to do! To keep an eye on your sister! Now she's gone!"

Debbie looked at Rei. "Stop it now! This is not helping! Rei you know how Dai is. Do you honestly believe she would have listened anyway? If she wants to find a way to go she will find it no matter what! Now apologize to your son!"
"You're right as always. Scot I am sorry. Dai is stubborn and hardheaded just like your mother. It's not your fault."

"It's okay dad. We're all on edge right now. Let's just find Dai."

"Damnit!" said Craig. "Argus is blocking me out. I can't see or hear her."
"What are we going to do daddy?" asked Kei.
"We're going to call in the troops. No choice but to do so."
"We can only get one of them Rei." said Debbie.
"Then do it. And quick."


Dai stood there in the dark. "Well I'm here! Where are you?"

"Here."
Dai turned and saw him.

"You know they will find me here. It's only a matter of time."
Argus laughed. "My dear, sweet Dai. They won't find you if I don't want them to. I'm blocking you from them. I've been searching for you for a long time now."
"Look I know the story. My father took Maya from you and now, for revenge, you want to kill me."
"Silly girl! Yes, your father did steal Maya away from me. Yes it did anger me, but I'm not going to kill you Dai. No I have a much better revenge planned. It will help me get my revenge on several people at one time."

"What are you going to do with me then?"
"Just this." He looked at Dai, said some words and she was gone.

"Now they can come find me. No. Better yet I will go to them."


"Rei I can't get through to anyone. He's got me totally blocked."
"Yes I do. Were you looking for Dai? Wait. Never mind. Of course you were. You'll never find her of course. If you do it will be too late of course. She will be mine...oh and a Vampire as well."

Craig lunged at Argus, but Rei stopped him.
"We will never find her if you do that!"
Argus was laughing. "Silly human. Do you honestly think you can beat me?"
"If I wanted to yes!"

"Your father couldn't. Did you know that your mother begged for her life? I made her watch while I killed your father. I made her believe that I would spare her pitiful life if she did. Humans are so accommodating. So worthless and pointless."

Craig went to lunge again and again Rei stopped him.
"Craig he's trying to provoke you! Don't let him."
Argus looked at Craig. "Would you die for her Craig? Give your last breath to ensure her safety?"

"Craig! No!" cried Debbie.
Argus looked at Debbie and growled. "Mind your own business! Nobody asked you!"
Debbie stepped between Argus and Craig.

Craig stepped back clearly shaken up.
"What happened?"
"He was trying to get you to do something stupid. Debbie just saved your life."
"She saved his life temporarily! We all know he will be stupid eventually. Love makes people do stupid things. Well folks this has been fun, but I gotta fly! My new bride awaits. I would invite you to the wedding, but I know you'll object. Can't have that. Oh and Craig? You will eventually die by my hands. You will do something stupid for Dai just as she just did something stupid for you. How do you think I got her to meet me?"
"Not if I get you first!"

Argus laughed and disappeared.

"Well what do we do now?"
"Well now I can get to my contact at least. Maybe he can help."
Debbie sat down but couldn't get through still. She looked at Craig.

"Craig? I need your help here."
"I should have given my life for her."
Debbie stood up. "Craig do you really think that would have spared her? He would have killed you and still kept her. You are too important for us to lose now."
"Yes Craig. It seems my daughter is in love with you. That makes you important to this family."
Craig looked at the Sakaue family. "Okay then, let's get to work. I'll do anything to help."


This ends Season 1. I will begin Season 2 Shortly. Thanks for reading. I hope you have enjoyed this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment