Monday, October 3, 2011

Chapter 6

Scot arrived home and called for Kei. He needed her to do some research. He walked in and found her at the computer.
"Hey Kei. You busy?"
"Nope. Just browsing the web. Why?"
"I need you to do some research for me."
"On?"
"Craig Hunter. Who else?"
"I thought you liked Craig."
"I do, but I want to know what happened with him and his family. There's a connection somewhere that we are missing."

Just then Scot's phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Stay away from Craig Hunter or you'll be in the same position as your sister Dai."
"What? Who is this and how did you get my phone number?"
"You've had your warning. That's more than I usually do."
The phone went silent. Kei could see the look of panic on Scot's face.

"Scot? What's going on?"
"Call Dai! Get her out of her house now! I've got to run!"
"Scot...."
"Don't ask questions! Just do it!"



As Craig was just beginning his story Dai's phone rang.
"Excuse me for a second Craig."
Dai stood up and looked down at her cell phone. Kei. Dai let out a sigh. "I'm not going to answer it. Go on with your story Craig."

Craig had stood up and looked over at Dai. "You need to get out of here. Now! That was Kei warning you to leave. Scot is on his way here."
"Scot won't hurt me."
"No, but the one he's chasing here will kill all of us."
"I'm not leaving!"
"Wanna bet?" Craig grabbed Dai up and in his arms and was out the door and to his car in a flash.

"Give me your cell Dai."
Dai handed him her cell and watched as he looked through her address book.
"What are you doing?"
"Looking for Scot's number. There it is. Scot? She's out. Turn around now!"
"No. I'm going to catch this creep!" yelled Scot.
"No! Now turn around! I'll meet you at your house. You can't handle what's coming."
"Fine." Scot sighed.
They both hung up and Craig and Dai drove in silence to Scot's house.
"Not that I'm not enjoying the silence, but could you say something?" asked Craig.
"I have nothing to say to you right now."
"That's a shocker! Let me call Guiness Book of World Records! Dai has nothing to say!"
"Just shut up Craig!"
"Look I'm doing you a favor here!"
"Well who asked for your favors? Why do you even care?"
"Because I happen to have very strong feelings for you!"
Dai looked at Craig in shock.
"Stop the car!"
Craig stopped the car and Dai got out. Craig soon followed suit.
"What are you saying Craig?"
"I...look just forget it."
"No! Tell me! Are you having romantic feelings for me?"
"Look maybe I shouldn't have..."
Dai held her finger up to Craig's lips.
"It's okay. I've been having the same feelings. I guess that's why I get so angry with you. You make me have...feelings. I don't really care for feelings. There are such..."
"Can you just shut up for 5 seconds Dai?"
Craig grabbed Dai and kissed her.

"Well if that's how you plan on shutting me up...then no. I think I want more of those. You know statistically..."
"Damnit woman!" Shut up!"

He kissed her again. When they pulled away Dai began to speak, but Craig shushed her.
"You know if you want a kiss you just have to ask me."
Dai smiled. "Okay. Give me another one."
"We have to get to Scot's, but what the hell?! One more."


Scot arrived home and Dai and Craig weren't there yet.
"Where are they? They should have been here by now!"
"Calm down! You know how Dai is. He's probably still fighting to get her in the car."
"Yeah that's true" Scot laughed.
"What happened Scot? Who was on the phone?"
Just then Craig and Dai walked in.
"What took you so long?"
"Okay Scot look at who I had to bring. You had it easy. Just turn around and come back here. I had to deal with constant yelling!"
"You found a way to shut me up though!"
"Yes. Yes I did!"
"What did you do?"
"Oh it won't work for you Scot."
Scot stared at Dai and Craig when realization hit. Kei seemed to still be behind.
"How do you know it wouldn't work for Scot?"
"Kei?"
"Yes Scot?"
"He kissed her."
"Oh...Ooh!"
"So Craig we need answers now. I got a phone call."
"Yes I know. You and your family apparently know who this is."

There was a knock at the door. Scot looked at Craig.
"It's safe, but you're in trouble."
"What?"
"Go ahead and answer it."
Scot walked to the window and looked out.
"Why are you here?" Scot said to himself. He opened the door to let in his parents. He could tell his dad was furious. His mom was worse. She was so mad she couldn't even scowl at them.
"What have you kids gotten yourselves into? I knew it was a mistake to let you kids move here."

Rei and Debbie walked into the living room and looked at Craig. Rei was less than happy that he was there and holding his daughter's hand no less.
"Why are you here?"
"Dad! He is helping me."
"Isn't he the reason you are in this mess?"
"No Mr. Sakaue. It's actually her hardhead that's got her in this mess. I tried to get her to move and to stay away, but she wouldn't."
"Well I can believe that I guess. I am married to her mother. Paloma speaks highly of you and so does Jeeves."
"Yes sir they both helped me once."
"And you and my daughter?"
"We have professed our feelings for one another sir."
"Make sure it's all you profess!"
"Rei darling, please stop. Now is not the time for this. Trouble is here and we need to stop it before anyone else dies."
"What are we up against dad?" asked Dai.
"Craig you didn't tell them?"
"Didn't get a chance to sir."
"Well it's about time you told them then. They need to know the history and why he is now after my daughter. Well I guess that's as much my fault as it is yours."
"Dad who is it?" asked Kei.
Rei looked at Debbie and sighed. Debbie stepped up and spoke.
"First you need to know the story."

No comments:

Post a Comment