Monday, October 3, 2011

Chapter 7

They all sat down waiting to hear the story. Debbie looked at Craig and he said, "Fine Mrs. Sakaue. I will start. When I was 10 years old we moved here to this town. My parents never told me why only that we could no longer stay where we were because it was no longer safe. My dad was a scientist you see. He had been working on a secret project for quite some time and I guess it worked. As i was growing up I knew I was different from other people. I could hear thoughts and see things happen before they happened. I never told my parents any of this. Apparently though my parents knew because my dad was working on a cure. He found one, but there were other people out there that wanted to it kept secret. You see they were using the people with this...affliction for their own gain.

"One summer afternoon I was out fishing. I...I saw it was going to happen, but I couldn't get there in time. When I finally made it there it looked like a slaughter house. My parents were dead. I was 13 and now alone. As I lay there crying I looked up and saw a very bright light forming in the room. It was Paloma and Jeeves. I was scared at first because Jeeves was a ghost and Paloma a Vampire.
"Who are you?" I had asked them both.
 Jeeves spoke first. "We are here to save  you my boy."
 "Why? Why do I need saving? Who did this to my parents?"

"You are very special Craig. There are few others that have your abilities. If you are left unprotected you could fall into the wrong hands. There are "things" or "beings" out there that will use you for their own gains, but before we get too deep into that let us tell you who we are. My name is Paloma and this is Jeeves. We can protect you from the one that did this and teach you how to use and control your powers."
"Who did this and why?"
"The who isn't important right now. The why? Well...Jeeves?"

"The why my son is because your father found a cure...well not really a cure. You can't cure what you have, but a way to mask it from others. The one that did this to your family wanted to keep it from getting out."
"They went on about my powers and how to use them. They took me in, well Jeeves did, and taught me everything I needed to know. Jeeves was an expert in this and Paloma was helping "to right some wrongs" she had said.
"Once I reached manhood and was an expert in what I had learned they left. They had an emergency of some sort. Something about a kidnapping. I've been on my own since, but I saw you coming Dai and I had to come back to save you."
Scot, Kei and Dai sat in stunned silence.
"Wow! That's an amazing story! So mom and dad how do you know him?" asked Scot.
Rei looked at his children. "He's someone I've had a rivalry with for a long time. When he found out Dai was involved he decided to punish me."
"What did you do to him dad?" asked Dai.
"I took someone that belonged to him. He decided to take someone that belonged to me."
"Who did you take? Was it mom?"
"No. It was your Aunt Maya. It was many many centuries before I met your mother."
"So mom where do you fit in?"
"I have similar powers as Craig."
"He never tried to take you? Why?"
"He was scared of your father at the time, but now, after all of these centuries, he's no longer afraid. Oh he tried to help others in taking me, but they never succeeded of course."
All of a sudden Craig stood up. He looked at Debbie.

"Yes Craig I know. Rei?"
"He's here. At Dai's house."
"He'll find her soon" Craig said.
"We are well prepared Craig. Don't worry."


He stood in front of Dai's house. Something was wrong. He looked around smelling the air. He smelled fear, but no Dai. He made his way up to the house and saw it was empty.

"Damnit! Why does he keep trying to stop the inevitable? I'm going to get her sooner or later. She will be my bride."
"I don't think so!"
He turned around to face the voice he heard. When he saw who was standing there he couldn't help but laugh.
"They sent you? What are you going to do to me?"
"Oh! I'm sorry. I thought you knew! I'm going to kill you!"


"Dad are you sure mom will be okay?"
"Yes she'll be fine. I'm going there now. The element of surprise you know!"
And with that Rei was gone.
"This is all my fault!" cried Dai.
"No it's not. This would have happened anyway. He's been watching you for some time now. Don't worry Dai" said Craig as he held her close.
Scot stood up. "I'm going to go help!"
"No Scot! You can't win against him. Stay here with your sisters. I'll be back shortly."

Craig disappeared and left Scot, Dai and Kei there to worry.
"Don't worry Dai. It will be over soon. She heard Craig tell her. It made her relax a little to know that he was there in her head to comfort her.

No comments:

Post a Comment